Tuesday, February 3, 2009

29Hours Before Departure!

Good evening saints of the Most High God! Last night was a successful night in the streets! I passed out all but 4 of my tracts that I plan to save for some friends I made earlier in the trip. Since I have no more Arabic tracts to distribute, I must rely on good old conversations [which are sometimes the best] about the gospel. We'll be praying for the individuals that recieved a tract last night. That God will take the seed planted/watered and bring increase for His Glory! So I've passed out about 100+ tracts, some say "wow" I say "the population is 10million!" Harvest is plenty but the laborers are few! Lord willing, we will return one day full force, see souls saved, added to the kingdom, establish some churches to continue after our departure, and encourage/rebuke/correct/challenge the few brethren that are already present!

Concerning ministry in the family host family. Part of my mission is to plant seeds and make an eternal impact on the lives of my host family. I knew it was not going to be easy, just like real family; they can be the most the difficult to share eternal truth with. [Although the opposite should be true because of the greater love we have for family members] I have not known them for a while, but in this short time we have gotten very close in our relationship! So today, I was walking to the store for lunch with my little brother (15years old), "1-on-1" You know what I'm thinking... "game-time" let’s go!!! I asked him if he knew what a Christian was. He is a bright kid so he began rattling off some things, some right and some wrong. I asked him what he knew about Jesus. Surprisingly he said that he was taught a story that Jesus was hung on a cross and burned because he destroyed statues that people worshipped as false gods. This was the 1st time that I've ever heard this and especially from a Muslim. So I asked him if I could share a story about Jesus with him. He says "sure." So I began sharing the gospel and how Jesus was crucified, pierced in his side (causing death), buried, resurrected, and seen of over 500 eyewitnesses! He never heard that before. I then explained to him the reason for his death to save all men and wash away the sins of men that will accept and believe his death and resurrection. And finally allow Jesus to enter their and heart and change them making them a completely new person that no longer practice sin (explained what sins are). By this time we were back home, closed the conversation saying that my belief of Jesus is true and different from what he was taught. He says "I never heard your idea of Jesus, but maybe I learned wrong and yours is the right way" I said to him, "You don’t have to take my word for it, study and let me know what you discover." He said ok. The end.... for now!

I still have to talk to my host mom and my older host brother. I have 29hours to take advantage of the open door. Pray that I will be sensitive to the open door and opportunity, the Lord is faithful to make opportunities. Tomorrow should be another journal entry.... stay blessed and thanks for your support brothers and sisters, and by now you should know what I am going to say! Preach the gospel and stand unashamed of the gospel, which is the power of God unto salvation to all men...
~Till The Nets R Full~

No comments:

Post a Comment