Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just Chillin!

Good evening brothers and sisters! Pray all is well on the home front; I'm doing great here in Hammamet, Tunisia. It's a beautiful city (I took many pictures) right on the Mediterranean so the view from the hotel is amazing! Its a tourist type city and the hotel is like a resort with like 5 pools, a spa, fitness center, like 5 lounges, and a cafe! So I've been "just chillin." Relaxing, sleeping, eating, and just taking walks down the beach. It’s been a very refreshing 3 days and tomorrow we go back to La Marsa, with the host families. For that I'm excited! I know some people are thinking and asking "You are in Africa, have you seen any animals?" My response "of course, I'm in Africa!" lol... I've seen lions, tigers, giraffes, wild dogs, cheetahs, elephants, camels, horses, zebras, owls, and other animals that I didn't know the names of!
Oh and one thing I wanted to mention, we all know I am one that doesn't mind talking to anybody and trying to converse with everybody, as a result I've been asked a lot about our new President Barak Obama! I tell the Tunisians that we (Americans) are excited about the change in leadership and are hoping that Obama will honor his word and honor the people! They feel the same way. Tomorrow also marks the one week period before we return to the States. I love Tunisia, but I have to admit I'm excited about coming home! I kind of miss everybody!!!

Concerning Ministry: For the last 3 days I haven't had any personal conversations about the faith or distributed any tracts. But I've been in passionate prayer and preparation for the bus ride back to La Marsa! "Why" you ask.... Well this is the last trip away from the host families before we leave the country and there are still some students that I haven't talked to directly about sin, the death, the resurrection, and salvation of Jesus the Christ. They all know what I stand for and who I represent, but they all have not heard the gospel on the trip. SO, tomorrow as we are driving back to La Marsa, the Lord has prompted me to deliver the message on the bus microphone. It will not be easy and I am nervous!!! But it’s not about me or my feelings, this is part of my mission, I must obey the Great Commission! Please pray for me brothers and sisters... I look forward to see you all soon, in the mean time I continue to pray for you night and day that you will stand boldly and preach the gospel fearlessly...
~Until The Nets R Full~

No comments:

Post a Comment