Sunday, January 25, 2009

M.I.A. (lol... a little bit)

Good-afternoon or good-evening my brothers and sisters! It was brought to my attention that my last post was on January 15. I apologize for the delay and I thank those that have been faithful to check the blog, concerns, and prayers! I assure you it’s not in vain! I've been missing in action when it comes to blogging because the last 4 or 5 hotels (10days) have not had accessible internet access. Lately we have been traveling through all the cities in the South of Tunisia. It’s extremely beautiful, the landscape, but the people are very poor. We have been doing a lot of different activities here though. So far, I’ve rode a camel through the Sahara, rode a horse alongside the Mediterranean , climbed a mountain oasis, ate quail, squid, lobster, rabbit, visited the site where "Star Trek" was filmed in the Sahara, rode SUV over sand dunes, and rode go-carts in the Sahara! It’s been a great trip to the South! I do miss my host family though! We have one more city to visit for 3 days and then we return to the host families for the last 7days! And then back to the States.

Concerning ministry: The Lord has been doing some awesome things in my life! It's not easy evangelizing in this country, mainly because my language skills are not that good. I was praying and the Lord began revealing to me that the people are not going to change, so for work to get done, a change must take place in me! I thank God because the change is taking place within me. Intimidation, fear, and doubt are coming subject to the power of God! I have been traveling to the different cities and passing out tracts in cafes, markets, and street corners! I thank God for working in me both to will and do of his good pleasure! The Lord opened a door for me to share the gospel with my professor, who is Muslim. I've been sharing faith and truth with students, confronting and answering their questions and doubts about Christianity. We visited this poor village/town named Douz, I prayed one prayer and overnight the Lord miraculously blessed this town with abundance of food and comfort!!!! It was amazing! I couldn't believe it! The Lord is so awesome! As I labor and toil for the gospel sake, continue to pray and work while its day...
~Till The Nets R Full~

1 comment:

  1. Grant, I and the rest of your bloggers are excited to hear from you. I can only speak for myself concerning the differences that I notice flowing around me every day and yet, some persons seem to notice nothing at all. I am living a small part of my life vicariously through you. I am particularly struck with the poverty (financially) you have encountered. While many of those persons whom you have been around and seen may not have the resources and opportunities we have had in our country, I am always amazed by the ability of the human spirit to continue to develop and utilize the spirit of Hope and perseverance (even of persons are unaware from whom this spirit is birthed).
    I am eager to see you and hear the energy and excitement of your trip through your colorful spirit and storytelling techniques.
    Stay blessed and hold onto the spirit of God in all that you do!!!

    ReplyDelete